Dd Print Bank

On Doklam Standoff, China Says ‘Our Restraint Has A Bottom Line’

On Doklam Standoff, China Says 'Our Restraint Has A Bottom Line'

On Doklam Standoff, China Says ‘Our Restraint Has A Bottom Line’

BEIJING (Reuters) – China said it had shown “the greatest desire” in prolonged military expansion with India in the Sikkim sector, but warned that its “restraint” was a “final result.”

The reaction of China’s Ministry of Defense at the end of the night came a day after the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that the peace and tranquility of the border between India and China are an important prerequisite for The success of bilateral relations.

Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj last month said India’s position in the deadlock more than a month in the Doklam region, saying that the two parties must first withdraw their troops from talks are held, the promotion Of a peaceful solution.

The clash began on June 16 after Chinese troops have begun building a road near the trijonie with Bhutan, which India declared a unilateral action by Beijing to change the status quo in the region.

New Delhi fears that road construction will allow China to remove India’s access to its northeastern states.

Ren Guoqiang, a spokesman for the Chinese Defense Ministry, in a statement called on the Indian side to quickly address the appropriate situation to restore peace and tranquility in the border region.
“Since the incident, China showed the greatest willingness and tried to communicate with India through diplomatic channels to solve the problem.

China’s armed forces have also demonstrated a high level of retention in the context of general bilateral relations and peace and stability in the region, “the spokesman said, according to a report by the state-run Xinhua news agency.

“However, goodwill has its principles and moderation in its outcome,” he added.

The spokesman urged the Indian side to abandon the illusion of its delay tactics because no country should underestimate the confidence and ability of Chinese forces to safeguard peace and its determination and willingness to defend national sovereignty, security and Development interests “.

The spokesman said that China’s armed forces resolutely protect territorial sovereignty and security interests of the country.

His comments also come after India National Security Adviser Ajit Doval, has met with his Chinese counterpart, within the framework of BRICS member countries summit of the NSA.

Sikkim standoff: China’s 15-page statement is a counter-intuitive treatise; we might be reaching the endgame

Sikkim standoff: China's 15-page statement is a counter-intuitive treatise; we might be reaching the endgame

Sikkim standoff: China’s 15-page statement is a counter-intuitive treatise; we might be reaching the endgame

Section two of China’s statement reads as follows: “On 16 June 2017, the Chinese side was building a road in the Dong Lang area. On June 18, more than 270 soldiers at the border with the India, carrying weapons and operating two bulldozers crossed the border Sikkim sector in Duo Ka La (Doka La) passes and exceeds more than 100 meters on Chinese soil to hamper the construction of roads on the Chinese side, causing tensions in the region.

In addition to two bulldozers, troops from the border with India that exceeded 400 people at some point have three tents and have advanced more than 180 meters on Chinese soil. At the end of July, still more than 40 were elements of the border with India and a bulldozer residing illegally in Chinese territory. ”

India has rejected the claims. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs had a short answer to the Chinese prepared statement. “India’s position on this issue and related facts was stipulated in our June 30 press release.

India believes that peace and tranquility in the border areas between India and China is an important prerequisite for the development of bilateral relations with China. ”

On the other hand, columnist Ajai Shukla, retired colonel of the Indian army, citing military sources claim that the greatest degradation of troops has already begun and that the two parties are now reduced to 40 each.
In his play to Business Standard, he wrote: “The 45-day confrontation with the Doka began to deteriorate. The main military sources said Business Standard that the number of Chinese border guards in the triangulation disputed border between India, China and Bhutan Has been reduced to only 40, from a peak more than 300 at the end of June.

Meanwhile, many Indian troops were also eliminated. From a peak of nearly 400 at the peak of the crisis, there are currently 150 Indian soldiers in the disputed Doka bowl. ”

So who says the truth – India or China? The answer is irrelevant.

Suites-border surgical attacks on terrorist assets in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (POK) provided a valuable strategic lesson. After his transfer, India gave Pakistan the denial of space needed to prevent a loss of prestige in the country.

Similarly, any solution to the crisis should include the honorable sticky exit option on both sides, as noted in a recent Firstpost article.

US Democrats Support Trump’s China Probe in Rare Bipartisan Move

US Democrats Support Trump’s China Probe in Rare Bipartisan Move

US Democrats Support Trump’s China Probe in Rare Bipartisan Move

Washington: Three senior Democratic senators, in a rare show of bipartisanship, asked Wednesday for US President Donald Trump to fight in China, which is preparing to launch an investigation into intellectual property trading practices and Next Beijing days.

Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer urged the Republican president to omit the poll and move directly to trade action against China.

“We should definitely go,” Schumer said in a statement. Senators Ron Wyden of Oregon and Sherrod Brown of Ohio also urged Trump to slow down in China.

Tensions between Washington and Beijing have intensified in recent months as Trump urged China to reduce steel production to mitigate global oversupply and halt North Korea’s missile program.

Sources familiar with the ongoing talks said that Trump was issuing a presidential memorandum in the coming days, citing the problem of intellectual property theft in China. The EU, Japan, Germany and Canada have expressed concern over China’s behavior in relation to intellectual property theft.

US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer then initiates an investigation under the Commerce Act of 1974, Section 301, which allows the president to unilaterally impose tariffs or other trade restrictions to protect US industries, according to sources.

It is not known whether such an investigation could lead to trade sanctions against China, Beijing is almost certain to call into question the World Trade Organization (WTO).

The Chinese embassy in Washington said in a statement sent to Reuters that China “is opposed to unilateral actions and trade protectionism in any form.”

A spokesman for China’s Ministry of Commerce told reporters in Beijing Thursday that China places great emphasis on intellectual property rights and that all WTO members must respect the rules of the organization.

“We hope the positive momentum of cooperation will continue” following the latest bilateral exchanges, said Trade Ministry spokesman Gao Feng.

Taking advantage of negotiations

Surveys of Article 301 of the United States did not result in trade sanctions since the WTO was launched in 1995. In the 1980s, Article 301 customs duties were taken on motorcycles, steel and other Japanese products.

“It could simply be a basis for bilateral negotiations,” said James Bacchus, former Chief Justice of the WTO and head of the USTR, a Chinese study on intellectual property.

Some trade lawyers said that the WTO does not have jurisdiction over investment rules such as China’s requirements that foreign companies transfer technology to their joint venture partners, allowing the sanctions to go outside the dispute settlement system Of the WTO.

But Baco argued that the United States are required to go first to the Geneva-based institution to resolve trade disputes, adding, “The WTO is required to enforce intellectual property rights are not fully explored.”

Lighthizer and Trump trade secretary Wilbur Ross have complained that the WTO is slow to resolve conflicts and is partly contrary to the United States.

China’s elite have begun their game of thrones — here are some of the potential winners

China's elite have begun their game of thrones — here are some of the potential winners

China’s elite have begun their game of thrones — here are some of the potential winners

While the stifling summer in Beijing took place in August, China’s political elite generally retreat from the sea to deliberate on the hottest issue of all: the future of the Communist Party in power.

The very secret conspiracy is Beidaihe, a resort about 175 miles east of Beijing along the Bohai Sea, and is an annual ritual for former President Mao Zedong.

This year, the stakes are higher than ever. Five of the seven members of the Director of the country’s most powerful body, the Standing Committee of the Politburo, must retire in a massive change of leadership occurs two decades.

For Xi Jinping, it is the opportunity to install Fidelists and increase their legacy. That it is promoted and that can not have a significant impact globally since the second world economy shows the slowest growth rate in a quarter of a century.

“Changing direction is always important in every country … but in China, in relative terms, to the outside world, it’s still quite mysterious,” said Cheng Li, director of John L.

Thornton Chinese Center at the Brookings Institution. “The impact of China’s importance and influence is on the rise – it has already become a world leader … so we must be careful.”

The training will be presented at the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, which takes place sometime in the fall, but the date has not yet been announced.

Negotiations could be extended until the last moment, but most of the problems that need to be solved this month, according to Minxin Pei, Chinese policy expert and government professor at Claremont McKenna College.

Reading tea leaves: Who is in operation?

China may be a one-party system, but like any other power-control policy, several factions are working to inaugurate supporters and hitting rivals. Important considerations include the relationship of the individual with Xi, the clients are able to, the age of the current classification, age, experience and qualifications.

On the other hand, little of this process is governed by the law. For example, it is not necessary that the number of members of the Standing Committee is maintained at the current seven hours, and the informal retirement age of 68 years could be lifted.
“It’s very possible,” said Kerry Brown, a professor of Chinese politics at Kings College in London. “There are no institutional restrictions happening … the party can do whatever it wants.”

Lawyer Accuses China of ‘Enforced Disappearance’ of Deceased Nobel Laureate’s Widow

Lawyer Accuses China of 'Enforced Disappearance' of Deceased Nobel Laureate's Widow

Lawyer Accuses China of ‘Enforced Disappearance’ of Deceased Nobel Laureate’s Widow

Liu Xia, the late widow of Chinese dissident and Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo, may be subjected to forced disappearance, according to the prosecutor for the couple.

Human Rights Ombudsman in Washington DC, Jared Genser, reported in Beijing today a formal complaint to the United Nations, reports The Guardian, calling Beijing’s treatment of its client a “new worrying inconvenience.”

The death of Liu Xia is currently unknown, weeks after the death of Liu Xiaobo, the first Nobel Prize winner of death in detention since the German pacifist Carl von Ossietzky died in 1938 of a prisoner of concentration camps.

Her last public appearance was published on July 15 by China’s state authorities, which has been shown to attend a funeral and sea burial to her husband, whose ashes were scattered in the waters off the northeast coast of China.

According to The Guardian, friends Liu Xia said he had to travel to the southwest of the country, but is probably back to Beijing, where he was actually controlled at home since he was awarded Liu Xiaobo Nobel in 2010.
Read more: Senator Marco Rubio:

An open letter to Liu Xia, the widow of Liu Xiaobo
Liu Xiaobo died of terminal liver cancer less than a month after he was transferred from prison to a hospital for treatment.

An 11-year sentence had been served for “inciting subversion against state power,” a charge related to a written request in 2008 calling on the Communist Party to allow democracy and human rights in China. Despite constant monitoring of the situation and house arrest, Liu Xia has never been charged with crimes.

Genser called for “urgent intervention” by the U.N. On forced or involuntary disappearances. “It is clear to me that what happened to Liu Xia falls directly and unequivocally” as defined by the U.N. Forced disappearance, he told the Guardian. It is expected that the move will force China to allow Liu Xia to remake public surface and finally leave China, the Guardian reports.

Tillerson to press China and ASEAN states on North Korea in Manila

Tillerson to press China and ASEAN states on North Korea in Manila

Tillerson to press China and ASEAN states on North Korea in Manila

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will support China and other Asian countries to take stronger action against North Korea by attending regional meetings in Manila this week, a senior US official said on Wednesday.

Susan Thornton, Deputy Secretary of State for East Asia said Tillerson would have the opportunity to meet with the Chinese minister of nations of the South Asian Association – It is in Manila, but had no plans to meet with the Foreign Minister Of North Korea there.

Thornton said Tillerson, who arrived in Manila on Saturday, will seek further cooperation to isolate North Korea and enforce sanctions on U.N. She said Washington wanted the country to reduce transactions “dramatically” with Pyongyang.

“What we try to do is push this pressure and isolate North Korea so it can see what the opportunity costs of developing these weapons programs,” reporters said in a conference call to preview the Tillerson travels.

Thornton said China had taken “significant strides … frankly unprecedented steps” to increase pressure on its North Korea, but could do “much more” to strengthen the implementation of existing sanctions and impose more.

“We would like to see faster action and more obvious and faster results, but I think we are not giving it yet.”

Thornton’s remarks contrast with those of US President Donald Trump, who accused Beijing on Saturday of doing nothing to help North Korea and highlighted the US’s huge trade deficit with China.

A senior administration official Trump said Tuesday that Trump was close to a decision on how to respond to what he considered unfair trade practices in China and taking into account measures that could lead to tariffs or other restrictions on trade in Chinese goods .

Thornton declined to comment on any possible action, but stressed that despite the tweets of Trump, North Korean issues and commercial were not tied into a “transactional”, but “in a kind of philosophical way. ”

“If we can work together to do this, we certainly could have a productive economic relationship,” he said, “if we can work together to do this, And mutually beneficial in which we enjoy both a reciprocal and equitable access to the markets of the other. ”

Thornton said Tillerson continue to pressure China on the problem of the South China Sea, while in Asia, the United States pressed to quickly adopt a code of conduct on territorial claims competition.

He said that the United States “would undoubtedly” raise human rights with the government of Philippine President Duterte.

Criticism of the United States bloody war on drugs Duterte as Trump predecessor, Barack Obama, has damaged long-term allied relationships. Duterte has remained defiant, accusing critics of “trivializing” his drug campaign with concern for human rights.

 

Senator: How to really turn the screws on North Korea

Senator: How to really turn the screws on North Korea

Senator: How to really turn the screws on North Korea

(CNN) The dangerous behavior of the North Korean regime has continued to grow – with its intercontinental ballistic missile test on our country’s Independence Day and its intercontinental missile test last week. These actions must awaken the world.

The time for words is over. Such serious provocations deserve global condemnation and a specific determination by the United States and our allies. We must take decisive action before the situation on the nuclear war causes of the Korean peninsula.
Since coming to power in 2011, Kim Jong Un has greatly accelerated ballistic missile testing regime and ballistics also launched many cyber attacks against the United States and our allies. Last year, the regime has carried out two nuclear tests and tried some two dozen ballistic missile launches.

It is clear that we are rapidly approaching a point of no return when Pyongyang will have a capable and proven management system for the nuclear Oggie order to achieve and cause significant damage to the United States.

President Donald Trump now has to make difficult decisions to ensure that his government will use all the instruments at its disposal to denuclearize the peaceful Korean peninsula.

In addition to administering welcome measures to impose sanctions on Chinese entities and financial institutions doing business with North Korea, the leadership of the President will be required to take the next steps in what he called his “maximum pressure” approach.

First, I urge the administration to join me in calling on the world community to impose a total economic embargo against the odious Pyongyang regime. All nations of conscience must cut off all finance and trade with North Korea, with a little help limited exceptions until Pyongyang is ready to meet its international commitments for peaceful denuclearization.

The UN Security Council must immediately support such a ban in a new resolution that is binding on all countries. Last month, I introduced bipartisan legislation that bans any entity doing business with North Korea or facilitators to use the United States financial system.
The new sanctions of the administration may be only the first step.

The second: if Kim Jong Un intend to follow these missile tests, I expect the United States and react accordingly to announce new measures against this malicious scheme. Whenever there is a single dollar transaction that demonstrates the benefits of this system, I hope our Treasury Department found the blocks and make sure that those who allow these transactions can not do business with the United States.

Whenever there is a person who is complicit in human rights violations in North Korea and trafficking in labor, that person should never set foot in the United States and their assets should be blocked. Whenever a ship from North Korea transmits illicit cargo, it should be prohibited, as permitted by international law.

Scroll To Top